Monday, February 8, 2010

My Favorite Things: Books

I love to read.  And alot of times, when I'm reading, i feel like i'm hanging out with friends, which is why i'm always kinda sad when i finish a series.  I have to say goodbye to my friends.
So this is a list of my good friends that i like to visit every once in a while...

Jan Karon- Mitford series
John Grisham- especially A Painted House, but I like his lawyer books too. i've been reading him since i was probably 15 or so. 
CS Lewis- Narnia Series- probably the top book series i love the most- My favorite is The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
JK Rowling- Harry Potter series... but... as they got older, the books got darker and harder to enjoy reading.  Still, i really liked the first few.
Janette Oak- one of my favorite authors, because I like so many of her series:  The Seasons of the Heart series, Love comes Softly series, The Canadian West series... Although a couple of the books seem like she was just trying to get a book out that year, and most of them are the single books not in a series.
Catherine Marshall- Christy and Julie
Penelope Stokes-  This author has so many really good books, but her newest one (that i know of) is awful.  Still, i love the other ones so much i can forgive her!  The Blue Bottle Club, The Amethyst Heart, The Amber Photograph, and Faith on the Homefront Series.
L. M. Montgomery- Anne of Green Gables Series
Laura Ingalls Wilder- Little House Series (yes, i still read them, i've been reading them since i was in 2nd grade!) Oh, and they have a new picture book series based on the books, so i'm reading them to Bethany now, and i love that!
Lillian Jackson Braun- The Cat Who... series.  I usually like to read these in the summer time, i don't know why, but they are light murder mysteries. 
Neta Jackson- Yada Yada Prayer Group series.  These fictional books changed my prayer life.  Really good.

I am always looking for new books to read that are just as good.  Do you have any favorite "friends" you reccomend?

No comments:

Post a Comment